Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The Battle, Computer play or Homework

I can surely say that "The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire." I am in the middle of three teen girls. They all have different personalities. They clash and bring the fight to me. If one of them perceives you taking sides God help you. Then they unite and the fight is against me. I feel as though I am in the middle of a buzz saw at times. I look at them and think in my mind show no fear. You are the mom. My goal initial is to get them to come to a peaceful resolution but then it turns truly ugly. I thank God I'm able to keep my cool most of the time after all moms are human beings too. You have to show them how to handle themselves under stress keeping your cool in the heat of battle. Homework always bumps playing games on the computer. If someone is playing or chatting with their Friends and another person needs the computer for homework, well playtime is bumped off. I stick to this house rule. Of Course they always come back with I’m sorry, the hugs and kisses and peace is restore until the next day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ARGH! SOO TRUE!!